Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Autumn's Gift of Craftiness

This year has been a magnificent year so far for color change. After our wet, cold spring that jumped directly into a hot, dry, drought of a summer, fall has brought with it some much needed rain and now a beautiful dash of sunlight and warmth.

As someone who truly enjoys nature and the gifts it offers, I've begun collecting some fall leaves and blooms for my presses. These intriguing purples, yellows, oranges and reds have given me the opportunity to create some beautiful pieces.

I've made some beautiful ornaments and have quite the pile of unused frames at my disposal for arrangements. I must admit though, I've been preoccupied with my crafts and not so much on my writing. Sometimes it seems so hard to find the perfect balance.

For right now, though, I'll keep trying to find that balance while I'm also collecting for my presses.

No comments:

Post a Comment